Oops Best Buy...Lucky me, I hope?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Alch3mist, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Alch3mist macrumors member

Alch3mist

So I went into BB not necessarily looking to buy an Apple Watch series 2 but to play around with the new IPad 10.5.

I discovered the prices to be outside my range and, as is my habit, looked for the open product cage that normally has sparingly discounted items. Obviously hoping to find the new 10.5 at any price less than retail. For the record, there was a Gold IPad 10.5 256 (mobile carrier version) on a $140 discount. I almost jumped until what came next.

Right below the 10.5 was a Stainless Steel 42mm Black Apple Watch series 2 for $312. Some one tagged it as a discounted Nike AW 2. After some debate and an uncomfortably long wait time the manager agreed to give it to me as listed.

There are questions for you folks. As you see I am a bit excited...still.

First, this is a good deal still right?

Second, what should I check to assure I didn't get a lemon (yes, I'm typically paranoid when stuff is too good to be true)?

Any other thoughts?

2. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

That's an amazing deal. More than 200 bucks below their already discounted price. I'm guessing it has the Sport band?

Sounds to me like a simple case of a mislabeled open-box item. I wouldn't worry about it being a lemon. In any case, you could use some of that savings on AppleCare in case of any issues.

3. Alch3mist thread starter macrumors member

Alch3mist

Yes, it's got the black sports band.

In all honesty, I should have gotten Apple care but didn't (an in-born hate for 99.999% zero return investments). Now that I am able to see how the AppleCare investment has paid for itself, can I still purchase it (AC)?

4. Conutz macrumors member

But you pushed BB to sell you the watch for a huge discount, knowing it was a mistake. The world isn't only about your bottom line.

5. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

Honestly, I've never had AppleCare on any of the dozens of Apple devices I bought and sold over the years, so personally I would just take the deal and run. That being said, you can still get it through Apple.

Congrats on the deal-I wouldn't feel any remorse over "pushing" Best Buy to sell you the watch on the cheap. You jump on those kind of loopholes when they present themselves. I'd have done the same thing.

6. Alch3mist thread starter macrumors member

Alch3mist

Lol, If it was about my bottom line BB has won that battle years ago.

I play the game of capitalism to my benefit and to my loss. All without complaint. The rules of engagement my friend, the rules of engagement.

I admire the integrity of the manager and his action has insured that I will return to shop with him. The rules of engagement.

7. Conutz macrumors member

No irony here

8. Relentless Power, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Just like any other product you purchase from Best Buy, you do have a 14 day return policy if something were to go wrong with the Apple Watch. I would just make sure you inspect Thoroughly and utilize it as much as you can within the two weeks to ensure it's working properly. Also, even if you are past your 14 day return period with Best Buy, you do have the manufacture warranty for a year. So either way, for the price point you received for Apple Watch Series 2, I would say overall it's a nice find.