Oops. Deleted Applications from Sidebar (Leopard)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mac In School, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I was trying to drag my "Applications" icon in my sidebar down to the dock to create a stack, and the folder vanished from my sidebar. How do I get it back?

2. erandall38 macrumors 6502

You just need to open your finder and find whatever you are looking for. Then you click and drag that to the Dock. Once it is on the dock click and hold that same icon and click "keep in dock"

Edit: Now that I see your question I am thinking I am misunderstanding the question.

by the way not sure if this is what you are after... but any folder you put on the dock by your other stacks will become a stack once you put items in there.

3. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

To drag all your apps into the dock to make a stack, just select all your applications, an drag them to the dock (Next to the trash).

Now to put your applications folder bacl on the sidebar, go to Finer>Preferences>Sidebar and then select Applications.

4. joebells macrumors 6502

Just browse to your HD(named Macintosh HD by default) from the finder and then drag the Applications folder to the sidebar in the places part and it will show a line when its ready to drop it if its showing a highlight around one of the things already there don't let go. Make sure its showing a line and it'll drop in. I just tried it with the pictures folder and it worked.

Good luck.

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You can't drag items directly from the Sidebar to the Dock, btw, or the other way around, because in both cases they're merely links to the appropriate folder in the Finder.

The instructions in the post above work fine, but ignore anti-microsoft's post, because you can't do it that way. Only folders can be put in the dock, not groupings of files/applications.

jW