Oops, help! Straight Talk to TMO :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TiMacLover, Nov 18, 2013.

1. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

So I just made a big mistake.

First off, I'm using my girlfriends iPhone 5 she purchased last December, that is still under contract on Straight Talk. Today I switched service to TMO $30 plan and when I inserted the SIM the phone went into activation mode and refused to activate, due to it being locked to ATT I suppose. I somehow thought because it was already activated, just entering another sim would be ok and work.

I'm taking it in for an unrelated reason and getting a replacement refurbished iphone 5 from Apple, it's waiting for me to pick up. I wasn't going to take the sim with me in the phone and hope they swap it, without updating the phone to her att account, which would make it unlocked, correct?

If not, I'm screwed since the "cheap" unlock services have now dried up in the past two weeks.

Would I be able to, worse case, go to ATT and get the $60 GoPhone plan and use it in my still LOCKED iPhone?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED "bites fingernails"

:mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:

2. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I'm confused as to what your question even is...

3. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Since when does Straight-Talk have contracts? :confused:

4. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

You can also use it on AIO wireless. It's a prepaid carrier by att. 55 for unlimited talk text and 2 gb of high speed data and then throttled.