Oops i got a wierd cd stuck in my macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by erikpmort, Jul 28, 2007.

1. erikpmort macrumors regular

erikpmort

This software company made a smaller than normal cd and when i pushed it into my superdrive, it got stuck. How should i get it out?

yes stupid me:(

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I don't think there is a way to get it out. The documentation that ships with the machine makes it very clear that these discs are not supported. Your best bet is to take it along to an Apple Store or authorised Service Centre and see what they can do...

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Those little CDs sure can screw up a slot load drive. Restart while holding down the trackpad (mouse) button, that should hopefully eject the little sucker. Chances are, you're on your way to have it serviced.

4. Carrot007 macrumors regular

Carrot007

I wish they would use drives that took the small disks, no reason why they could not, the WII has a slot loading drive and handles them fine.

Anyway, I would recomend ejecting the disk while holding the macbook on it's side go gravity helps the removal of the disk.

Basically, the eject mechanism does not push it far enough out so you need a little help.

5. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

The Wii's drive is the first one to do this as far as I know, and I imagine that the space required for the mechanism may affect the Macbook/Pro case size.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Tilting the machine on its edge and shaking it gently is one of the best methods for getting these discs out. It frequently doesn't work though, so as others have suggested, plan on a trip to the repair shop.

7. A Cute Baby Lam macrumors newbie

From all I have read/heard you will need to take it in to get serviced. :( I too think that apple should find a way around this.

8. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

If you have a little pair of tweezers you could try and use them to pull it out. But if you pushed it too far in then you'll probably have to take it in to the shops to get it fixed.