Oops

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SmewQue, Oct 17, 2011.

1. SmewQue macrumors newbie

SmewQue

I bought a Deff Cleave iPhone case from case2case but I realized that I bought the AT&T Version and not the CDMA. I tried to tell them whether if they could switch one out or they could take it back, but they refused, so I was wondering if you guys knew a place where I could take it in and get a refund, replacement, ect, or some other sort of solution. If not, I'll probably just sell it and get a new one.

2. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

This place doesn't have a return policy :confused:

Please post a link to where you purchased it, we would like to have a look - :)

3. SmewQue thread starter macrumors newbie

SmewQue

4. normanbates macrumors regular

Surely it doesn't make a difference which case you have. The GSM and CDMA are the same dimensions are they not? I thought the only difference between them was that the GSM has a SIM slot and the CDMA doesn't :confused:

5. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

It depends... the original gsm iPhone 4 is slightly different from the cdma iphone 4. The cdma has the re designed antenna which breaks into 4 "pieces" rather than the 3 pieces of the original iPhone 4.

With the iPhone 4S, they are the same and the "cdma" iphone 4S still has a sim slot for "world phone" duties.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I agree but the dimensions are the same so the case should still fit.

7. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

It's nothing to do with dimensions, the iPhone 4 GSM and CDMA are the same size, just the ringer silent switch have moved a bit lower on the CDMA/4S to accommodate the extra antennae slit.

Most newer cases should have a larger opening to allow compatibility for both the 4 and the CDMA 4/4S designs.

8. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I've encountered this problem with several cases, even before the 4S came out. For TPU cases, I cut the hole a bit larger at the bottom so it was open over all the side switch. Belkin cases are pretty good about having the slot in the right place, but not EVERY case - even from them. I have a bunch of different cases and some fit perfectly and some don't - even from the same manufacturer. Never have figured that out.

9. esaledeal macrumors newbie

Sorry for that. Returning it by Air Mail is cheap.