oops!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by craigystylz, Jul 8, 2010.

1. craigystylz macrumors newbie

ok so i am new to macbooks. i have a late model 09 macbook pro and i accidently deleted the macintosh hd icon off the desktop. So i than prceded to open up my documents folder and seen in the left column that there was a macintosh icon there . I went to drag it on the destop thinking it would add it back and it went poof and now it is gone.. i can still spotlight search for it and open it that way. but it just does not feel right lol... is this a bad thing and how can i recover it or get it back on my desktop and documents folder??:confused:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Finder > Preferences > General > show HDD icons on Desktop
    Finder > Preferences > Sidebar

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses. (see rule #3 under Minor Problems)

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question has been asked several times?

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

3. craigystylz thread starter macrumors newbie

wow much appreciated i will do this when i get home from work..