ooVoo with iSight problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zakfox1986, Jan 24, 2009.

1. zakfox1986 macrumors member

Hey...I'm trying to use ooVoo video conferencing software on my Mac to do three way video chat with a couple of friends that are using Windows. I've got it installed fine, but for some reason it's not recognizing iSight (built in on a Macbook), no matter what I do. It recognizes the built in mic, but no video at all.

Any ideas?

2. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I had the opposite issue. I got it to recognize my iSight but not the microphone (both on the ACD). If you right click the Flash window you can fool with the settings (there are a number of tabs).

I found the quality horrendous compared to Skype -- but it does supposedly support more than 1-1 video.

3. zakfox1986 thread starter macrumors member

I did end up getting mine to work. There's actually a webcam icon (it's small, at the bottom left of the screen) that you have to click to activate iSight within ooVoo after you start a video conference. I'm not really sure about the audio issue you're having. It worked fine for me.

All I did was: Preferences > Audio Devices > Built-in Microphone.

I'm assuming you've already tried that though. Sorry I don't have any other ideas.

The audio/video quality was fine for me. It wasn't great, but considering it's one of the view options for a three way chat, I'm not going to complain too much. Skype is definitely better for one on one video chats though.

4. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

thanks for the update. I'll give it a go.