Opaque Menu Bar not working?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kurtk9, Nov 11, 2007.

1. kurtk9 macrumors newbie

2. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

Nope – it didn't work for me on either my MBP or MP.

3. mac-slap-happy macrumors member

Worked odd for me on my MBP.

Run the program, and then go change your wallpaper. Seems it takes the change to trigger the program for some reason (at least on mine). I couldn't get it to work w/ random wallpaper at all, either.

If this works for you then the process will need to be repeated each reboot.

Hope this helps.

4. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

I tried flipping to a new wallpaper, as I had read somewhere. Still no go.

I also don't have wallpaper set to automatically change, which I read also causes an issue.

Seems to be a lot of variability in success with this program. I chalked that up to it maybe not being the best bit of code, so I decided I was probably better off without it for now.

I would LOVE if someone could figure out what's happening when Aperture is running (where the menubar is all but completely opaque again). Surely if Aperture can trigger such a change, someone can figure out how to make it be the default state.

5. Xcolored macrumors member

Mine for some reason is default-opaque, so I don't have to worry about it too much. It's the newest MBP model, not sure why it is but...it is :p. I'm sure that there will be a program soon enough that'll be able to do this for you.

Zack

6. kurtk9 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a shame Apple would make a "feature" like this the default, maybe we'll actually get an option included to disable it (in like 10.5.12 or something).

Sounds like plenty of people would like a better fix, hopefully someone will write one soon.

7. Mekgek macrumors member

I think it would be nice if apple kept the menu bar transparent and then also greyed it out. I find that especially coloured wallpapers look hideous with the transperant menu bar, but ones with less colour actually look beautiful with transparency (better then no transparency imo).

8. Aldyn macrumors member

did you try restarting?

when i first installed it, it did nothing. i tried changing wallpapers and still nothing. once i rebooted and ran it, all went well.