Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vjjohnson3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Does anyone know how to open a file (picture or document) but not save it to the computer? Just view it, like on windows.

Also, anyone know of a good wireless mouse for mac (has scrolling capabilities, and right click button) or a wireless keyboard/touchpad?

Thanks,
Vincent

Got a new imac 20 inch with 1 gb of ram

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I use Apple's Wireless Mouse so sorry, but I can't help you on that front. What exactly are you wanting to do with these files? FWIW, Windows still saves files in the temporary folders when you "open without saving". :)

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
vjjohnson3 said:
Also, anyone know of a good wireless mouse for mac (has scrolling capabilities, and right click button) or a wireless keyboard/touchpad?
Pretty much any mouse works with OS X given that you can find a way to connect it to your computer. Extra buttons/functionality on your mouse can be used by using an app like USB Overdrive.

My favorite's the Logitech G7 wireless gaming mouse - right+left click and horizontal+vertical scroll and dpi switching on the fly. runner up probably is the logitech mx1000, although i'm not a fan of some of the "features" of the mx1000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.