Open a Folder and causes Mac Os X to crash(help)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kitki83, May 4, 2007.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Ok maybe I didnt make sense so revising my original post.

I recovered some files from formatted hard drive. I was succesfull but when I open certain folders like my Itunes library and one set of folders of design, I just get white folder not showing content then shut down causing top toolbar and all windows open and icons to disappear only showing wallpaper. Then second later system refreshes but no windows are open.

Thanks

2. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update: In the Info option in Disk Util, this hard drive sees 0 files and folders. I wonder if that helps.

3. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Clearly you should bring it back. You shouldn't be experiencing these problems with a new machine.

4. kitki83 thread starter macrumors 6502a

umm dont think its a hardware issue, more like bad format/partition issue but the problem is only certain folders in my back up hard drive that Mac Os X crashes this started happening when I recovered some files only happens under Mac to open those folders, but in windows xp nothing happens they appear working.

I think I need to do a clean partiton and format but Iam open to any comments or advice because I cannot find anyone in these forums with similar case.

Thank you

Update: In opening the recovered folders only two folders wont open my mp3s and one folder of designs.