Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
Hello All,

I tried googling this question and nothing seemed to be for macOS Ventura...all the results were from previous versions of macOS and the results seemed to suggest that this used to be possible on older versions of macOS. So I'm sure I'm just missing something.

I have three applications that I have selected to auto start whenever my M2 MBA running macOS 13 turns on or restarts but they open in full screen mode. Is there a way to have them continue to auto launch but launch in a minimized setting? For example: I have messages set to auto start but it opens full screen, if I could have the app launch but have it just be open in the doc thats what I'm trying to achieve. That way I don't have to immediately minimize the three apps that I have set to open. In case it is different for each app the ones I have set to open are Mail, Messages, and Fantastical 3.

Thanks for all your help!

Reactions: jagooch

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
That way I don't have to immediately minimize the three apps that I have set to open. In case it is different for each app the ones I have set to open are Mail, Messages, and Fantastical 3.
In my thread linked above, there's a sample plist file you can edit to do this - It works well, I'm using it on my two Macs running Ventura. It's a proper cludge but it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.