Open Autocad files on ppc

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Graveyard, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Graveyard macrumors regular

Ok, guys. So my question is as follows. Is there a program that i can use to view files made with autocad software on wintel machines? I want to bring to work one of my ppc macs. I'll be making translations on it using ms office. But i also need to translate text portions and labels within autocad generated files. I don't need to edit the skematics, just translate text found within the files. Any suggestions? The wintel machines at my workplace are ancient and i am sick and tired of working with them.

2. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

If it is an autocad file, it is with .dwg extension. You can open it up using illustrator since a dwg file is a vector file.

3. Graveyard thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, so another question. Do you think i'll be able to open the dwg files made with autocad 2007 using illustrator cs2? I'm thinking about the "age gap" between the two programs...

4. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

Why not? This is just a wild guess if it is 2D then you should be good. All of the drawings from the company that I am working here in China are 2D. And i can open it just fine on my powerbook. I can edit the texts which I am actually doing since I am translating everything chinese to english.

5. Graveyard thread starter macrumors regular

Cool! Thanks! I'll try it.
    Ps. I translate from english to romanian and viceversa.