Open-Bottom Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sheza, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

Hi,

I hate how easily my Spigen Ultra Hybrid lets in dirt and grime on the bottom ports area as well as the edges of the back of the phone (especially bad as it's see through!). The case is great if you don't mind those things.

But I do, so... what are suggestions for some open-bottom cases? I know the official Apple silicone case (which feels REALLY nice in the hand) is open-bottomed, but I've heard all sorts about the material flaking quite soon after purchase. I don't want to waste £25.

So any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. Sheza thread starter macrumors 65816

Sheza

3. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Don't get an exposed bottom case. That's my advice.

4. Sheza thread starter macrumors 65816

Sheza

Why not?

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's strange. I've had no such problem with mine.

6. Sheza thread starter macrumors 65816

Sheza

I would take a picture but my iPhone is, as I suppose Apple intended, the only camera I have.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the official Apple case? Yeah it has 2.5/5 star average on the Apple store website.

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

No I was referring to the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. I took it off for the first time the other day since launch and there was no gunk or grime anywhere including the bottom.

8. Sheza thread starter macrumors 65816

Sheza

Weird. This has been a problem on my Spigen Slim Armour (iPhone 5) in the past as well.

All I do is put it in my trouser pocket, with nothing else in it. That is literally all I do. So why there's so much dirt is a mystery to me. I could also argue how frustrating it is that I already have scratches on the 'ion-strengthened glass' when all I do is put it in a pocket. No keys, no sandpaper, no knives. Nothing. Scratch test videos are worthless.

9. kewldewd macrumors member

The ip6 tends to slide out from your grip, which usually puts it on course to drop on the bottom edge. You dont want to dent the alum down by your ports it will look really bad. I want a case with a covered bottom, but with an open top since it looks great flush no ports buttons etc

10. Sheza thread starter macrumors 65816

Sheza

A fair point, I have experienced the sliding (but have not yet dropped the phone). The Apple open-bottom case provides some good grip though.