Open Exe Files

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigboss10, Jun 5, 2013.

1. bigboss10 macrumors newbie

2. GGJstudios, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

.exe files are Windows programs that cannot execute in OS X. To run Windows apps on your Mac, you need to install Windows via Boot Camp or use Parallels or VMware Fusion. If you don't have a Windows license, you can use CrossOver to run some applications. Not all Windows apps are compatible with CrossOver. Check their site for compatible apps. For more information about running Windows on your Mac, check out the Windows, Linux & other on the Mac forum.

Logitech G930 Wireless Headset Compatibility

3. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

GGJ, what is my best bet to put these drivers on my MAC...I do not want to do trial and error and mess up my MAC...can you give me your opinion?

Thanks,
    Steve

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Check out the last link in my post. There you will find a thread where this is being discussed.

5. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

still doesnt answer whether or not I can get 7.1 or the drivers on the MAC.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That headset is only supported for windows.
    http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g930-7-1-wireless-gaming-headset

You cannot use this with your MacBook Pro, unless you decide to install Windows on your laptop. The bottom line is that OSX cannot run programs with an extension of exe. You need a different operating system, specifically windows.

7. 808? macrumors 6502a

No native Mac OS X drivers for this product.

Either use it under Windows 7, Vista or XP or return the product.

8. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i understand now, if I were to do dual boot or have some way to put windows 7 on my mac.....can I do it that way?

Also can someone give me link to perform a way to boot windows 7 on my mac?

So i have the option, I heard about it...and would be interested in putting MAC as long as it wouldnt mess anything up.

Thanks,
    Steve

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I already did, in my first post. Check out the link there for Boot Camp. By the way, it's "Mac", not "MAC", which means something different, and could cause confusion in some posts.

10. skolvikes macrumors newbie

Look into the programs, "Wine" and "Crossover". It's entirely possible under certain circumstances.

11. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just did some research and youtube some videos on the install, it seems very easy. But it does not seem as if the install is worth it and the headphones work great without the bootcamp/running drivers for the headset.

I always have the option down the road though, which is nice. I think Im just going to buy Lion and upgrade my 10.6.8 OSX (how do I see if im running regular lep or snow lep?)....

Also...is Lion that much better than my current OSX?

Thanks again...sorry I am a little new to mac. I had it for 3 years, but do only basic tasks. I am very good with computers, but some of the mac terms/system is just different. (not bad different, just still little new to me).

=)

12. snaky69 macrumors 603

10.5 Leopard
    10.6 Snow Leopard
    10.7 Lion
    10.8 Mountain Lion

Unless you need specific features that Lion or Mountain Lion have, I wouldn't bother upgrading, Snow Leopard is stable and fast, especially on older machines.

Lion is no longer sold by the way, you're about a year late for that.

Even if you do bootcamp, your headphone will only work when you're booted into Windows, so that won't help you at all getting it to run under OS X.

13. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the input ...i guess I will just stay put for now.

thanks guys

----------

i really wish Logitech will have MAC drivers for this headset in the coming months.....

14. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

will virtualbox work?

my friend said it might work....any luck?

15. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

It may work if what you want to listen to is also run within that same virtual machine, but running the software inside a VM doesn't change anything outside of the VM. It's not like you can have the OS X audio driver send the signal though the VM drivers and back out the headset. It doesn't work that way.

They simply do not work with OS X, there's no way around it (at this time).

16. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You are not getting it, do you?

Even if you install vitualbox, it would ONLY work in virtualbox (Window). The software (exe) is for Window installation. It's common sense that anything you install in Window won't work in Mac and anything you install in Mac won't work in Window. THEY ARE TWO SEPARATE OS!

Moreover, don't hope/wish Logitech to have Mac drivers. You should be doing your research or reading at the back of the box to see if it's compatible with Mac.

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think you should just get a different headset... one that is natively supported in OS X...

18. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

So WHY exactly do you need the drivers installed? The point of the drivers is to make the headset work. If it DOES work, then there is no need for the drivers, as it is natively supported.

19. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

They work only as stereo. ..if I get the drivets installed they work as 7.1 surround sound.

20. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Which is not going to happen because the software is not compatible with OS X. What part about this are you not understanding?

21. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

so I would have to use bootcamp and partion the HD.

Ughh dont wanna do it.

22. snaky69 macrumors 603

The drivers are for windows only, and will only function when you're in windows.

Installing windows through bootcamp will fix NOTHING for Mac OS X.

I hope we're being clear enough.

23. bigboss10 thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand..I still do not think I'm going to load bootcamp.

24. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Anyone got the G930 working under Parallels and Windows 8... I've installed the logitech drivers but just get "No Devices Detected".