Open Favorites: Double Click and Hold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Petey-ed, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

Has anybody got this to work on iOS 4 GM? I've tried and it doesn't work. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong....

This apparently was the replacement to the old double click on the home button for accessing whatever you specified. (Favorites, iPod, Camera, Etc)

2. rmb7984 macrumors regular

rmb7984

I can't get it to work either. I actually found this thread looking for info. I can't find the home button settings either. Anyone have any ideas?

3. og1 macrumors regular

im bumping this, as I cant get it to work with the final release fw either. anyone?

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

5. rmb7984 macrumors regular

rmb7984

That's just terrible. I'm surprised I'm not hearing more about this. Am I the only one that uses this shortcut? It's one of my favorite features that Apple has introduced to the iPhone.

6. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

No, just updated to iOS 4 an hour ago and already missing the double click for iPod. I am quite disappointed that the double click and hold also went from the GM.

Now it's always a swipe more..ane more difficult when handling it with one hand only.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This feature hasn't worked since beta 3 or 4.

8. rmb7984 macrumors regular

rmb7984

Beta this, beta that, I was using 3.1.3 until 4.0 came out. I know that that feature worked until i downloaded 4.0. Also, I know enough about how this software works to understand that it's not that hard to preserve the options for the double click feature. It's absolutely ridiculous that they got rid of this!

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

To clarify, it's the double click and hold that hasn't worked since OS4 beta 3 or 4. Yes, you're correct that double click worked in 3.1.3 and earlier for bringing up favorites but it now goes to multitasking in 4.0.