Open file location trought Spotlight

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fa7mac, May 16, 2010.

1. Fa7mac macrumors regular

Fa7mac

Hi there
    I have a question, is there a way to open file location folder through Spotlight search function? I mean when you do a search on spotlight and it finds the file you are looking for, if you hit ENTER it will automatically open the file (in iTunes if it is a mp3, in InDesidn if it a .indl an so on)
    what if you want to access the folder the file is on?
    I am makng this question because I have my computer very organized and my stuff are into folders>in a folder> in a folder> in another folder>in a folder....
    and it can be a pain to go through all those folders till I find what I want

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Click "Show All" and it will open a Finder window, wherein you can click on any file or folder to reveal it's secret location.

[​IMG]

3. sahnert macrumors 6502

You can also command+click on the entry and it will show it in the finder.

4. TheVendor macrumors member

5. Fa7mac thread starter macrumors regular

Fa7mac

Thank you all! It is always good to earn some hours kore when working with computers!

6. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

It should be filed as a bug that holding command while the spotlight menu is open doesn't reveal the change in what clicking on the menu item will do...

or at least it doesn't in 10.8.5... I'll have to check the Maverick beta on my other machine...