Open iCloud Documents goes to Documents on Mac

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Julien, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

When I use Pages, Numbers or Preview and try to open a file from iCloud I see my Documents folder on my Mac and not iCloud. I can access iCloud files by Open Recent or from the iCloud website. Also when I modify and close it saves to iCloud. However I have several PDF's that I need to open and they are not in Recent Open files and you can't see Preview files from the website. What am I doing wrong?

No problem on iOS 6. However no Preview access.

[​IMG]

2. drew627 macrumors regular

What? Isn't that a screenshot of your iCloud files in Preview?

3. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

No, that is folders in Documents on my Mac.

4. drew627 macrumors regular

Interesting. Try going to ~/Library/Mobile Documents/ to look for your documents or just search for them in spotlight when you need them. I can't propose a solution but this is a valid workaround until the problem magically fixes itself...

Did you try the usual troubleshooting steps like fixing file permissions, deleting your iCloud account from the OS and add it back, go through console logs for potential error messages, etc.?

5. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Thx, they are there. Strangle if I try and open the file it crashes Preview. If I copy the file out of Libraries (to Desktop) it opens fine. Is this normal and you can't directly access files in the Library folder?

I have completely logged out of iCloud/restart several times plus lesser steps. Ran Verify Permissions and don't see anything related to it (a couple of other things). Ran Repair and still the same.

In Console I think it's saying: tccd[202]: Refusing TCCAccessSetInternal from unprivileged client (pid 208) when I hit Open. Also I get the "error" system Ping (what I have selected) sound every time. Here is a screen shot.

[​IMG]

6. drew627 macrumors regular

Could you expand that "librariand unable to create file..." error? That is the daemon process that handles iCloud related tasks. I sometimes find it useful to quit librariand and ubd ("ubiquity daemon" I assume) if iCloud is having weird problems. It might help if you could also expand the other collapsed messages; they could contain some important information.

I tried to Google the TCC framework but nothing informative came up. According to what I took from the framework's .strings file, tccd is the daemon that handles the permission dialogues (** would like to access your contacts, etc.). Since the error message says your account doesn't have the right permission to access tccd's functions, I'd suggest creating a new user account to test if the problem persists. Don't use the same iCloud account with this user.

Maybe you can have more luck on the Apple Support Communities; that forum is more tech-oriented and they generally are more helpful with problems like yours.

7. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I also have a thread in the AppleSeed Discussions. Here is a current screenshot.

Create a new user account with Admin privileges?

[​IMG]

8. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

I created a new Admin User account and it works fine. Does this mean I must change over to a new account. It's like a "blank" piece of paper. Is there a way to migrate everything over?

9. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Resolved: In the Apple Support Communities it was suggested that I go into Keychain and delete "ubiquity" files. :confused: Not sure if I created any problems or not. I delete older ubiquity files and the ones that had an X in the certificate. I still have several ubiquity files left (should I also delete them?) but I can now access iCloud. :D

10. drew627 macrumors regular

As long as it's working I don't see why you should.

Congratulations! Now we all know what to do the next time something like this happens.