Open in iWeb?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stetwin, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

I'm looking to make a website for my Photography business and i've found some lovely templates on www.iwebtemplate.com - My only problem is when i download the Sample i don't seem to be able to get it to open in iWeb, does anyone know how i would go about doing so? Also if its not useable with iWed how would i go about opening it and getting it all changed over to the content that i want?

Also does anyone know of any other good sites for either iWeb or html based website templates? I don't mind paying for the template either so no need to just suggest free websites,

/Ste

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I've never downloaded a theme before I like to create my own iwebsites from scratch. It's more work but the rewards are far greater. My iwebsite can be seen here it contains a little article about how I created it.

With regards to installing a theme. If the file you downloaded ends in .webobj (or something) then I would guess you need to right click on the iWeb app and click 'show package contents'. Then go to resources and navigate to the themes folder and place your file in there. Then restart iWeb.

I've never done it before but I would guess thats what you need to do. Someone else may be able give definite answer.

Hope this helps.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

OK, so after going to that page the only problem is that I cannot find the sample you mentioned for the life of me.

Give me a clue where you found it and I will be happy to D/L it and see what it is all about! :confused:

4. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Where did you find the sample? Do you know its file extension?

5. 7031 macrumors 6502

I'm actually really impressed by how you made such a good site using a basic tool such as iWeb.