Open iTouch backup with out itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brinas, Dec 18, 2010.

1. brinas macrumors newbie

So it's christmas and I thought 'Hey i'm going to give away my itouch to someone who needs it'.
    Turns out, I backed up my itouch, gave away my itouch, now i need my notes from my itouch.

After reading some threads, I found out that my notes are in my backed up info (if not, please tell me).

So question is, how do i open my backup notes from my Mac pro?

Ps. I also have an iphone, can that help me somehow?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The only way to do it is by restoring the backup to either an iPhone or iPod touch - you can't actually open it up and browse it on your computer. So basically you will have to restore your iPhone and then restore it from the backup of the iPod touch, get the notes off it, then restore it again and this time restore it from the actual iPhone backup.

3. brinas thread starter macrumors newbie

My iphone unlocked and jailbroken. I think if i do that It'll ruin my phone right?
    D:

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There's a program called "iPhone Backup Extractor" that should do what you want. Google for it.

5. brinas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I've done that and now my notes are under .sqlite
    Now I have no idea how to open that up :/

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Your notes are usually stores in Mail.app under reminders. Otherwise the sqlite file is a database...you can search google for a sqlite database app for Mac, there are a few.

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Chimming off Out there.. My notes are stored in Mail. When I log onto my computer and sync MobileMe. All my notes are there inside of mail