Open Letter to Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kahn18, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Kahn18 macrumors newbie

So I have been through some issues with Apple lately and i figured this would be the best venue to make my complaint. I'm wondering if other people have encountered anything like this.

Mr. Jobs,
    Recently I took my early 2009 17-inch MacBook Pro to your Easton Town Centre location in Columbus Ohio. I was told by an Apple Care representative that I was to take the laptop in for a defective battery. The rep. failed to tell me that I could even send in the laptop and assured me that by taking it into the store it could be fixed. I willingly drove from Athens Ohio, where I attend school to Columbus to have my laptop repaired. Upon arrival the “Genius” was rushing to get my problem solved and simply sent it into your depot for repairs. I had no problem with this, he did a good job and my battery was deemed defective. I received my laptop back this past Monday and set it on my desk for use. The battery works well and all appears good. Today I notice that the front four screws on my laptop are cross-threaded and the door does not fit as it used to. When I took my laptop into the Columbus store it was deemed “Good, Like New.” Since I received my laptop back I have only taken it off my desk today for class. I called a representative again and they suggested I drive again to Columbus to get it repaired again. I declined asking if I could this time send it in. The representative was comforting and ensured me that this is going to be covered under warranty. I am dissatisfied with the work the apple care team did on my laptop, I take good care of my equipment as I build desktop computers for personal use. This is my first Mac, which I love! However, work like this is quite disheartening for a computer I am excited to use every time I power it on. I can send pictures if needed. I just want to cover my bases and make sure the problem gets fixed. Thank you.
    -Xxxxxx X. Xxxx
    (Early 2009 17 inch Macbook pro Serial number: XXXXXXXXXXX)

2. bbydon macrumors 6502a

you should send this to sjobs@apple.com and any other customer service email you can find.

My computer was messed up by apple once and they fixed it with out hassle, so sorry you are dealing with it.
    just keep on them and they should fix it correctly.

3. Kahn18 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

OK, so I fail to see the big deal here. They screwed up a bit, it happens. Give them the chance to fix it. If they don't or they give you the run around, THEN complain about it, email Jobs, etc. Have you given them the chance? It doesn't sound like it to me... (sorry if this sounds rude, but its just my opinion.)

5. Kahn18 thread starter macrumors newbie

its all good. as i said i just was wondering what other peoples experiences are. I went to my campus store and they turned me away. For sure, i agree with you, i just wanted to cover my bases.

6. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Sorry, but this sounds a little extreme to me. (From the store right to Jobs) As irked as you might be this was just one person. If I read your letter correctly, everyone else did their part.

Sometimes you just need to go to the source of the problem and scream a little. Much faster too. No need to get Steve-o to fight every battle.

But that's just me.

7. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

Ice Dragon

(hopefully this isn't off-topic) Good work on the letter. You were positive and formal and many could learn from your example.

8. Kahn18 thread starter macrumors newbie

possibly, i tend to doubt this is even steve jobs...

9. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

I've been down this path recently. I would advise you to mail a formal, nicely typed, and signed letter to Apple's corporate office. I had an issue with several recurrent hardware failures, and was routinely ignored by geniuses, apple phone support, and received no response from any of the many apple email addresses I tried.

It was only when I sent a letter that I finally got some action in the form of a replacement. It took almost three weeks to get a response. Include your phone number in the letter - they WILL call you.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

All the makings of a bucket full of fail:

Open letter
    To Apple
    Lacking paragraphs

Yup ... all in. GLWT buddy.

11. OldMike macrumors 6502

OldMike

Wow, I hope things aren't changing at Apple...

I haven't had the need to contact them in a while, but in the past have always been more than impressed with their customer service, and the lengths in which they were willing to go in order to make their customers happy. It is one of the reasons that I'm ok with paying a little more to purchase from Apple.

My brother in-law, who I don't really consider to be an Apple fan, recently brought his iMac in for service under his AppleCare warranty. He was floored and really happy with the service he received. He is more of a windows fan, but acknowledged that Apple treats their customers great. If he buys another Apple in the future, the service he has received will definitely be a contributing factor...

12. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

GLWT... Gay Lesbian Wondering Transexual?