Open link in new tab with a 2 finger click

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kaicrawf, Feb 4, 2015.

1. kaicrawf macrumors newbie

So I'm new to MacBooks, I got mine late 2014 and it was probably the best purchase of my life tbh

However, I was used to my old Windows machine, and switching meant not everything is the same. One thing that I really want is to be able to hover over a link and tap my trackpad with 2 fingers to make it open it in a new tab. I am aware you can Cmd + Click to do this but I find it more tedious and I hate re-wiring my brain to do the same task in a different way, if you know what I mean?

I have looked in System Preferences inside of the trackpad settings but there isn't such a feature. I'm hoping there is some sort of browser extension?

I only like Chrome and Safari, so please don't suggest like a Firefox extension or something:)

I would really appreciate any help thank you! :D

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

What Windows machine were you using that let you do this? Just curious. I've had my fair share and work on lots of em. I've had ones that featured a middle click that would do this. But not with two fingers. Or it had two physical buttons and pressing them at the same time was a "middle" click. Thus opening new tabs.

Closest thing I can think of is just right clicking it if it's one link. If there are a lot, CMD + Click is the easiest.

Make sure you have tap to click and secondary click turned on in the trackpad settings first of course.

[​IMG]