Open Link in New Tab

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by AceGuy78, Oct 22, 2013.

1. AceGuy78 macrumors member

AceGuy78

Does anyone know the purpose for swapping "Open Link in New Tab" and "Open Link in New Window" to make the Tab first and Window second? It was a second nature for me to move down one to open a link in a new tab, now i find myself opening windows every time

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Just switch it back in Preferences.

3. Waxweazle macrumors newbie

Waxweazle

Am also wondering where this can be changed.. Had the same habbit going on, have opened about 10 new windows already because of the habbit of going down one and opening a new tab.. Can it be switched? Can't find anything in the preferences though..

4. AceGuy78 thread starter macrumors member

AceGuy78

I don't believe thats possible

5. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

Well honestly I hated that new tab was the second item in the menu so it's nice that they moved it to the first one, however i got used to going to the second one so I have opened in a new window by mistake a few times

Just get used to the way it is now if there's no way to change it, this is how it should have been from the start

6. Waxweazle macrumors newbie

Waxweazle

For those who wonder; here's what actually is meant;
    [​IMG]

7. Nathan777 macrumors newbie

I'm glad they switched it. Tab is first in Chrome, and i'd guess 99% of people open up new tabs more often than new windows, so it only makes sense.