Open Monday or wait 'till Tuesday?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Exinor, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Exinor macrumors member

I bought a new MBP earlier in the week online... I think it will arrive on Monday. My question is should I open it right away or wait until Tuesday to open it. Because if I open it on Monday, and new MBPs get released Tuesday, if I return it, I will have to pay a restocking fee as opposed to keeping it in the box.

2. gonzaload1987 macrumors regular

You are answering yourself, just wait until tuesday, that it's not SURE that new MBP are going to launch, but you can assure and don't spend more money than needed.

3. wc199216 macrumors newbie

is there any infomation on the official website saying that the recent purchased MBP can be returned and exchange for a new one when there is new lease? or related info??

4. Exinor thread starter macrumors member

Well, last time I spoke to a rep, she told me that you have two weeks from when you get your new MBP to get a full refund. However, if you open the box, you have to pay a 10% restocking fee.

5. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

You already bought the computer... just open the box. The new MBPs won't be leaps and bounds better than the old ones... just incremental improvements. Don't torture yourself! :D

6. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

wow, what great advice!:rolleyes:

If you need the MBP for something really important on Monday by all means open it and use it. If you don't then simply wait a day and see what the situation is. It is not torture to wait a day or a week or a month for a mac.

Obviously you think you can wait anyway because otherwise it wouldn't be possible to ship the old MBP back and wait for the new one to arrive. Wait.

7. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

I don't see anything happening on Tuesday anyway. Apple's focus is on the iPad now.

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Agreed. No MBP update before iPad(s) have been launched.

9. Exinor thread starter macrumors member

The extra day will allow me extra time to get my bootcamp and parallels setup working. This will be my first mac.

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I suggest spending the time to get acclimated to OS X, rather than installing Windows. If you force yourself to use OS X for a while, it'll be easier to break the "Windows dependency".

11. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I Just Purchased a 2.53 Mini. Due to Arrive Thursday. I'd be Pleasantly surprised if new Ones came out Tuesday,But I got tired of waiting and thought a mini Update Unlikely, although they have been showing that HDMI Mini.

12. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

13. Exinor thread starter macrumors member

I know some OS X stuff, and I'll probably use it as my main OS. I will have Windows for Windows only applications--and also for the sake of doing it to add to my skillset.