Open NAT Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 0makol16, Jun 15, 2010.

1. 0makol16 macrumors regular

0makol16

I was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and I noticed it said my NAT setting was "Strict", at first I ignored this since my Xbox shows the same thing but works flawlessly. Sadly when I searched for a game it took about 15 minutes to find one and connect, once I was in I was unbearably unplayable :(

Anyone know how to open the NAT? I looked already on Google and had no luck. I should probably mention I was playing on my PC.

2. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Sorry to say, but there is nothing you can do. Its all depending on your isp(internetserviceprovider). I know im my neighborhood, we get a isp called crystal and when i played on my xbox i had moderate nat which made it hard for me to join some games. Right now im guessing this is why it takes me a few minutes to join a tf2 server. NAT= Network address translation. Some isps are more efficient at translating addresses while others are not

3. 0makol16 thread starter macrumors regular

0makol16

thing is, the is NAT issue ONLY affects Modern Warfare 2 on PC. All my other PC/Mac games and Xbox game have no issues. Even my copy of MW2 on Xbox is fine.

4. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Yeah sorry about that, you could possibly check your router and allow the tcp ports of mw2. Anyways i fixed my tf2 long wait to join a servers. If your willing to do some short work(not that hard) this *fix* might fix your mw2 problems.

5. 0makol16 thread starter macrumors regular

0makol16

anyone else have an input or solutions for this problem :confused:

6. 0makol16 thread starter macrumors regular

0makol16

sorry about bumping but I really need help with this. :(

7. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

As i said before, we can fix this but youll have to do a bit of typing in terminal and than adding a file into hidden folders.

Also, the other option costs money, and that would be buying a new cisco wireless router.