Open new widnows in tabs? Safari 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aranince, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

I'm using Safari 3 on Windows...and is there a way to open new windows into tabs instead of opening it into a new window?

2. 66217 Guest

Control+T opens a new Tab.

And you can select in Preferences to open new windows in tabs.

3. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

No you can't that opens tabs from other applications example: if you clicked on a link to a website from another program lets say photoshop it would open it in a new tab or window whatever is chosen in the options.

4. coogee macrumors regular

Ctrl + Shift + T > opens the Tab Bar under the address bar, you can then right click any open tab > New Tab

5. pengu macrumors 6502a

i think the OP wants to force links that open a new window (via JavaScript or target="" attribute) to open in a new tab, like you can in Firefox.

its not available in Safari 2, and i didnt notice it in Safari3 (it keeps crashing on XP @ work and i want to keep Safari2 for now @ home)

6. brownbird macrumors member

brownbird

my only gripe with safari

In my opinion, this is the only thing wrong with safari. I've been griping about this for a long time and frankly, it's the only reason I use another browser which sucks cause I really like safari. Please, does anyone know of a way to force links which open in a new window to open in a new tab????

7. verity macrumors member

SafariStand

I used to use SafariStand to open new windows as tabs, up until today. I hope it will be upgraded to work with Leopard soon. It does a number of useful little things, like 'restore last workspace' or close the downloads window when the downloads are completed so it's not in the way.

8. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

There's an app called PlugSuit that was released that is supposed to let Tiger plugins run on Leopard.... ie: SafariStand.

I just don't know how to install the plug-ins/make it work.

SafariStand is supposed to force new windows to open in tabs....

any help? :confused:

9. bendermatic macrumors newbie

bendermatic

I've tried all the workarounds for InputManagers under Leopard and couldn't get any of them to work. :(

10. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

You cannot do this without using the keyboard in S3. Several plug-ins allow this, including the ever-popular Saf, but until it is patched for Leopard we are SOL on this. Check out http://pimpmysafari.com/

11. kanenas macrumors newbie

Resolution: TargetedClicksCreateTabs preference

Not to resurrect an old topic, but for those who come across this thread looking for the solution, naquah posted it on Mac OSX Hints.