Open Notifier vs. Lockinfo notifications

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jarrodtb, Nov 27, 2010.

1. jarrodtb macrumors member

Anyone used Open Notifier, or have any thoughts on the comparison?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've not used LockInfo but I do have Open Notifier. Open Notifier works as advertised and looks stock. Seriously, they did a great job on the icons. The only odd bug is that the notifications disappear when you run Cydia. It's a known bug that they're working to fix.

3. theaero macrumors 6502

Still limited to three icons at a time. They only appear on the right side of the time. Cant wait till we are able to use the entire statusbar, so I can have notifications for everything.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Which one is limited to 3 at a time?

5. theaero macrumors 6502

Lockinfo, OpenNotifier, Notifier+

I bought lockinfo and notifier+, and tried opennotifier, but if I have more than than three things in my status bar, then it only shows three of them (Four if I am on the lockscreen, because the lock icon takes less space than the time) (Two if I have show date, or show memory on in SBsettings)

Heres an example. I have an alarm (1). I am on vibrate/silent mode (2). I have an email(3) and a text message (4). Perhaps I even have some notifications from facebook or meebo (5/6).

The space to the left of the time is wasted, and available, as the icons only show up in the space to the right of the the time. In between the time, and the battery (with battery percentage showing), you are only able to have three icons. So for example, I have 6 notifications right now that WOULD have icons, but my status bar looks like this:

3G Bars. Carrier. Wifi Signal. ______________ Time. Mail Icon. Text Icon. Silent Icon. Battery Percentage. Battery Icon.

Missed calls, meebo, other notifications DONT show up. However, lets say I read my texts, and there are no more unread texts left. Now the text icon goes away, and one of the other ones that were previously hidden show up.

Does this make sense? If you try it yourself youll see what I mean. Just send yourself some messages and emails etc etc if you don't have any notifications.

6. Che Castro macrumors 603

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I agree, the statusbar limit is annoying. The only thing that swivels to the left of my time/Free mem is the biteSMS icon. I wasn't sure if that was something within the system that the devs had control over but I mean if the biteSMS devs could do it, then its at least possible.

The only reason I didn't go to OpenNotifier is because I'm lazy and I had to set every single program for a statusbar icon. Even then, I tried mail and it didnt show up so I removed it.

8. theaero macrumors 6502

Yup, bite SMS is the only thing for me as well. If only we could get everything up there....

BTW, I bought Notified Pro and absolutely hated it. Perhaps I never configured it in a useful way, but I just really didn't like the way it functioned.

9. derek420 macrumors member

I'm a Notified Pro fan haha.

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Strange. My notification shows up before I get a vibration or hear the incoming mail sound.

11. justywusty macrumors regular

justywusty

hey guys...i had previous notifier apps installed but then decided to give opennotifier a shot.

do any of you know why notifications are showing up sometimes double (like the silence switch)...? i think i've uninstalled all previous notifier apps, but they still seem to be showing up. even sms is doubled.

12. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

i thought all jb apps dont load up when cydia is open. haptic doesnt work, cant access sbsettings, no statusbar icons, no free memory display on status bar, etc.

13. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Yeah. Derp. It's a feature of Cydia so that nothing is running while the system is being modified.

14. cyclone84 macrumors regular

Notified Pro with the NotificationGriP skin are the bees knees.

15. crashnburn macrumors 6502

Which is the best notifications app now?