Open PDF from Notification Center?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Andy0568, May 15, 2016.

1. Andy0568 macrumors regular

Is there an app that has a widget that allows you to open a pdf directly from the Notification Center? I have the app "Launcher," but that will only open an app, and then I still have to navigate to the pdf I want to open and then open it. I was hoping there is a single-step process that exists. Thank you!

2. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

So you want to actually see the PDF in the Notification Center or do you want to open a PDF via the notification center?
    The first one isn't possible I think. Although it's also possible to show e.g. a webcam JPG/PNG so maybe a PDF should also be possible but still wonder if it isn't too small for document to actually read a PDF.
    I also use and love the Launcher widget. It would indeed be cool if e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive would had an URL scheme to open a certain document. Currently I only know that both apps can be opened but no specic URL schemes for a document or folder.

But currently your best solution is to use the Workflow app and a certain workflow (search here or here for existing ones) to arrange this. Here is the one you are looking for (you still have to create one yourself). Launcher widget can also open a certain workflow if you search for 'Workflow' and then choose run workflow to run your created workflow so e.g. open Dropbox app and select a certain PDF document. Workflow has also their own widget btw but I think the combo with Launcher is nicer and cleaner on the NC.