'Open Photos for this device'

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JarredWagner, Oct 20, 2015.

1. JarredWagner macrumors member

JarredWagner

I can't stop Photos from opening when I insert CF/SD cards into my Lexar USB 3 Readers connected via HooToo USB hub to my Mac Pro.

I uncheck the box in Photos, and set each card to 'No Application' in Image Capture, every time and it just doesn't stick.

Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

1. Insert flash card.
    2. Photos launches.
    3. Get into fetal position.
    4. Cry.

3. HantaYo macrumors regular

I am about to DELETE the worthless program Photos as well for this very same reason. Would this solve the problem?

4. Cheese&Apple macrumors 68000

Cheese&Apple

This really isn't much help to you but I had the same annoying problem with my iMac and USB reader. I did the same things you did to try and stop it and for a few months it didn't make a difference. Then, about a month something changed…Photos has now stopped opening and I carry-on with Lightroom import.

I have no idea what I did, if anything, or what has changed. :confused: It is possible that all my swearing at it helped. :)

Btw, I haven't deleted Photos (my wife uses it for her shots) and I'm running the most current version of Yosemite.

~ Peter