[Open Slots for Beta Testing] FingerPDF - Flexible PDF Organizer - a productivity app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by campasoft, Jan 18, 2012.

1. campasoft, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

campasoft macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I recently developed FingerPDF PDF Organizer App. I have some open slots for beta testing.

FingerPDF is a new PDF Library organization tool with these goals:
    • Flexible organization of files
    • Fast and Efficient Search through pages
    • Easy access and navigation

A video can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9pcJJzoes

Check the Web Site for applying

Hope it will be useful

P.

2. clinker75, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

clinker75 macrumors newbie

That's really a neat app, good job :)

My review:
    I've imported smoothly all my pdf stuff, I've a main book folder with something like 20+ subfolders (python, css, java and so on) for a grand total of 757 pdf files.(I've used the FingerPDF default option "à la Itunes" to organize all the stuff and I've not played with the other options)
    The indexing process took a while to complete but after that I really enjoyed the search by tags and I firmly believe that's the best part of your program; very fast and useful for a hacker that needs to squeeze out every words on a given topic from all of his books.
    The interface is graphically clean and everything seems well engineered except for the shorcut that has a weird behaviour in my opinion (first time it opens the text search, second time it hides the program and so on. Should be fixed)
    Another thing; I don't like to have the icon on the menubar; I prefer the good old dock.

Feature requests:
    - Scanner and optionally an Ocr (I'm a Yep user and I'd like to see this functionality in your program); with your super fast search and a scanner feature I would seriously think of a switch .
    - Web server for searching remotely and downloading from my pdf archive
    - Mobile integration?

Keep up the good work!
    my 0.02c
    C.