Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Just found this. I went from 63 minutes to 44 with this edit.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3295067&forum_id=884113

I've just been reading up on VideoMonkey and found that too. I'll try it all out when i get home. I have read though that even after that increase that the CPU still only uses 12% does that mean VideoMonkey is very slow at converting?

BTW did you see the comment below about setting the number to 0 so VideoMonkey can choose whats best (maximum)?

jetb2

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
I read that and decided to just set it to 0 instead of 2. Doesn't seem to have any issues.

Can anyone explain to me what "Limit output params to input" means specifically?

blackhawkk25

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2009
I do hope they add more encoding formats, because as of now you can't convert the files for anything other than apple devices or devices that support the formats for ipod/iphone.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I read that and decided to just set it to 0 instead of 2. Doesn't seem to have any issues.

Can anyone explain to me what "Limit output params to input" means specifically?

Keep the same parameters as the input file? Im not a programmer so its just a guess.

jetb2

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
Oh this is cool...when it adds it to iTunes it actually added it as a tv show. I don't have to manually move it from movies.

intheBAG

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
VideoMonkey

VideoMonkey works, but doesn't offer the all-in-one DVD creation Visualhub has.

Anyone know of a program that authors and burns DVD's like VH did??

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Things I don't like about VideoMonkey that I keep me from using it and instead keep using VisualHub (which works pretty well on Snow Leopard..):

- There's no advanced settings like VH had - I want to specify output size, resolution etc

I'm doing an encode right now (it is only using 1 core..). What's the difference between Encoding Quality (aside from letting it do two-passes) and the Quality bar that we are familiar with from VisualHub?

I'm really looking for a replica of VisualHub - same GUI and settings, but only updated like it used to. VisualMonkey just lacks advanced settings.

LongboardsMNL

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2009
Manila, Philippines
Hi guys. I'll get right to it. I've successfully completed the conversion of a 4.35GB .mkv file into MP4. However, whenever I try to play the resulting MP4, all I get is an error message reading:

"The movie could not be opened. The file is not a movie file."

I'm using FilmRedux. I thought it might've been something wrong with the application, so I went and also tried it on MKVTools, but with the same result.

What am I doing wrong?

Jubadub

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry if bringing back a long-abandoned thread is frowned upon in MacRumors, but I got curious about this piece of software:

All those links are sadly dead, with no mirrors or archived pages I could find. (The alternatives are findable, but not Transcoder-Redux specifically.)

If anyone still got these by any remote chance, it'd be great. I figure others could perhaps benefit from it, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.