Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
I have spaces enabled including Expose' and is there a way to select which space will be the default displayed when I boot or at login? Example: I have 3 spaces enabled, I want #2 to display when the boot or login is completed (and all other spaces loaded as well). It's a minor thing, but just wondering.

-jim

xlopez

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2006
I have spaces enabled including Expose' and is there a way to select which space will be the default displayed when I boot or at login? Example: I have 3 spaces enabled, I want #2 to display when the boot or login is completed (and all other spaces loaded as well). It's a minor thing, but just wondering.

-jim

You could set a particular application to open at login(you can option-click the application running on dock and select "open at login". This application would then open at login in the particular space you set it to in Spaces preferences. (In case you don't know how, just go to System Preferences and go to the Spaces section.)I'm sure there are other ways around this, including writing scripts and or automator workflows that could trigger a automatic space change, but I'm afraid I don't know how to do those things. Maybe someone here can help out.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
I've got spaces configured with apps already, they all open properly at login, but I'd like one of them to be focuse as the default space which displays after all the loading is completed. You'd think it would be the last one, but they load at the different rates so it might be space #2 one time then #3 the next (for example). If scripting can be done, I'll need a simple "How To" please and also ensure the script loads after spaces loads, of course.

I know once spaces load I can issue a shortcut sequence to switch to a space, i.e. control+4 for space #4 - but how do I automate this at login, after spaces loads?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.