Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Something happened after the latest round of updates, apparently now when ever I open up an application all my other application seem to minimize. Did I trigger some new settings that I am unaware of?
When I used to open up a new application, say a browser that window would then open on top of all my other open application windows.

Any ideas?

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Sounds like either option or shift is stuck. Do the minimize, or just become hidden? Check permissions.

TEG

All others just minimize, When I maximize the apps all the other applications then relaunch and cascade in a random fashion.

any help would be great

yudilks

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2006
All others just minimize, When I maximize the apps all the other applications then relaunch and cascade in a random fashion.

any help would be great

Does this occur to only a certain application or just randomly happen?? Could you tell us what apps is that?

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Does this occur to only a certain application or just randomly happen?? Could you tell us what apps is that?

Any application does it. Chicken of the VNC, Safari, Entrouage, pretty much anything minimizes all other applications and just opens that application over my desktop.

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
I had not noticed this before, but it appears to only occur when I load an application from the dock. If I load an application thru finder it opens up on top of all the other open windows. Strange. hadnt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.