Open Window in Secondary Monitor By Default

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Blakeasd, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Blakeasd macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I upgraded to Mavericks about 30 minutes ago and I've stumbled upon a very unwelcome problem. Previously in ML, I kept my browser window in the secondary monitor. Whenever I would close out of it, I could reopen and it would appear back in the secondary monitor. Now in Mavericks when I reopen my browser window, it shows up back in my primary monitor.

EDIT:

As I was typing this I have noticed that it only happens with Safari. Chrome opens up in my secondary monitor the way that I like.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Blakeasd thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. obeliq macrumors member

Ran into this immediately after installing.. Seems Apple applications (safari, mail, etc) will open in whatever monitor the dock is in at the time. 3rd Party applications seem to remember where they were just fine.

I hope this can be changed.

I have read reports of people shutting off 'Displays have separate spaces' in System Preferences/Mission Control, but that also turns off the ability to have two full screen apps.

So for now, things aren't perfect either way.

4. HGQ2112 macrumors newbie

One Issue

I can't download any software updates. Tried 2, they started, acted odd upon download, such as variable up and down random readings as to what % was loaded...then an abrupt stop and the software disappeared from the available updates. The Office Suite products will try to load and then it references me to go to the Apple Store . no download.