Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fBaran

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2003
Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 97

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
No, the color is just from a skin.

He's talking about why there are two of everything, like Quicktime and VLC.

My guess would be that you have two copies of those applications, or more than one version.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
musicpyrite said:
No, the color is just from a skin.

He's talking about why there are two of everything, like Quicktime and VLC.

My guess would be that you have two copies of those applications, or more than one version.

Yup, I have a dual-boot and that menu picks up the programs on the other partitions sometimes.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
To reset the "Open With" contextual menu to it's defaults, trash the file:

/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices.6B.csstore

fBaran

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2003
Sorry about not responding earlier...school. Anyhow, yes, I'm talking about there being two of every program in Open With... I tried /Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices.6B.csstore but I get a "permission denied". I logged in as SU, and still, permission denied. In my Applications folder there is only one of each, so only one version. I have Classic, but that's a weird case. I installed Panther, and classic DRIVERS were there, but not the actualy Classic (no Classic Apps and System folders in /), so I copied them from my eMac. Classic works, but I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.