Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
I have been having numerous issues with the Cocos2dBox2d mac template and now I am getting yet another strange error:
"ld: warning: ignoring file /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)"
I changed the architecture to x86_64 and I get the same error, why is this happening and how can I fix it :confused:
Thanks!

jiminaus

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Sydney
I have been having numerous issues with the Cocos2dBox2d mac template and now I am getting yet another strange error:
"ld: warning: ignoring file /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/Library/Frameworks//OpenAL.framework/OpenAL, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)"
I changed the architecture to x86_64 and I get the same error, why is this happening and how can I fix it :confused:
Thanks!

Where did this OpenAL.framework come from?

XcodeCrazy

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2011
The OpenAL.framework is located in: /System/Library/Frameworks/. The Active Configuration in your Xcode Project is the only thing that should be modified after the project has started. Changing the project's architecture can affect the whole project (in this case, x86_64 & i386). Have you tried modifying the project's Active Configuration? If so, you may have to revert back to the default Debug | x86_64 and modify certain lines of code. You may also want to try reverting back to your projects original Active Target, entitled with the original name of your project (instead of the reverted cocos2d libraries file you've likely created). Tweaking with these little things can prove to be helpful in the long run. Hope you found this helpful! Please write back if you have further questions! :)

Matt Thompson
XcodeCrazy
June 30, 2011

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.