Opened lid, nothing happened

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MR_JLR, Dec 11, 2018.

1. MR_JLR macrumors newbie

MR_JLR

Good evening, just wanted to ask a quick question regarding a refurbished 2018 MacBook Pro I recently purchased. This evening I opened the lid and the logo did not display, nothing happened actually. I pressed the touch button and powered it on as normal and noticed it was charged to 73%. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks.

2. afir93 macrumors 6502a

afir93

Very likely not, though if you’re worried, I’d repeat it a few times to see if it always behaves like that (and also check if it goes to sleep normally when closing the lid - for the unlikely case that it doesn’t, something about the lid mechanism might be damaged). Otherwise, maybe the previous owner used the Terminal command that disables the boot on opening the lid and this setting somehow persisted through the factory reset (I honestly don’t expect these things to persist through factory reset, but if the hidden Terminal setting for the boot on lid-opening is disabled without you disabling it yourself, then I don’t see any other explanation).

3. chabig macrumors 603

4. MR_JLR thread starter macrumors newbie

MR_JLR

thank you, I've shut down and opened several times with no issue. Just a glitch in the matrix today I assume.