Opening a program with keyboard shortcut

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aldog, Dec 14, 2007.

1. aldog macrumors regular

If a mod wants, he can merge this thread with my other thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=400028&), they're both evocam related, but this one is a more general mac question

I just found a quick little guide on setting up a cusom keyboard command (http://www.applegazette.com/mac/os-x-quick-tip-create-your-own-keyboard-shortcuts/) and I tried it but my command wouldn't do anything. I have evocam set to not show in the dock thanks to dockless, so I opened up the activity monitor before trying it but evocam still doesn't show up. Is that guide wrong/am I doing something wrong?
    I just used cmd+option+w for the shortcut, but it doesn't seem to work, thank you in advanced for your help.

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i've never heard of that app but i recommend Quicksilver for keyboard shortcuts (among other things).

3. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

It still doesn't really give me all that I want, because I can't get it to show anything on the menubar but it definitely helps. Thank you.

4. bowdoc macrumors newbie

Need Assistance Creating a Keyboard Shortcut to Launch Programs

I am a new Mac user and just purchased a new iMac and absolutely love it. I am a seasoned Windows PC user and teach Windows at the graduate level. I am looking for a way to create specific customized keyboard shortcuts to open/launch the various Leopard applications. I am familiar with the Mac OS X technique of changing a Menu Command keyboard shortcut, but I need assistance in creating a keyboard shortcut that will allow me to open Leopard applications. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks from a new Mac user.

Joe R. Bumgardner, M.D.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

6. aldog thread starter macrumors regular

I've been using quicksilver and it's been great. as I said before it wasn't exactly what I wanted but it's still an awesome program

7. bowdoc macrumors newbie

Quicksilver by Blacktree Downloaded

Thanks for your prompt reply to my inquiry regarding creating keyboard shortcuts to launch applications. I downloaded Quicksilver and will install it and start using it. Thanks for your assistance.

Joe R. Bumgardner, M.D.