Opening all tabs in Safari without closing old ones

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gzaiden, Oct 12, 2010.

1. gzaiden macrumors newbie

Hi, is there a way to open all tabs in a bookmark folder at once without having Safari automatically close the ones already open?

In firefox when you click to open all bookmarks in new tabs, they start right after the last tab already open but with Safari you lose the tabs you were using!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Create a new window, then open all tabs in the new window.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Command+N to make a new Safari window, then open the bookmarks.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I don't understand what is being asked, and the answers didn't clarify it for me. The two sentences in the OP's post seem to be on different topics. :confused:

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In Safari, if I have two tabs open, say MR and Google, and I go to a bookmark folder with 4 bookmarks and click "Open in Tabs", then I get 4 tabs, with those 4 bookmarked pages, instead of MR and Google. The OP wants the bookmarked pages to be open in tabs in addition to MR and Google, making 6 open tabs, but Safari doesn't work that way.

Actually, it doesn't close the original tabs. It simply uses those tabs to navigate to the new pages. If you click the back button on any of those original tabs, you'll see the original tabs you had open.