opening an iPhone 3g for screen lining up problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by svndmvn, Aug 15, 2008.

1. svndmvn Guest

so, this is my second iPhone 3g, first one had a horrible light leaking problem, solved hardly getting a new one..
    and this one is not perfect either, a few stuck pixels,maybe 4,but you can only see them with a black screen if you look incredibly closely,therefore I don't care
    a think that makes me a bit anal about it is the screen's not lining up perfectly around the edges,you can see the glass is "higher" about 1mm more than the aluminium bezel in one corner,and you can even push it inside,so the rubber between the bezel and the screen is not perfect either,right now on the whole left side of the iPhone the rubber is at the bezel's level while the glass is a bit higher,my worries are the problem could get worse,both rubber and screen get even "higher" than now..
    i don't want to send it in for repair because it's already been a nightmare the first time I went back to the vodafone store a couple of hours after purchasing because of the light leak and it took me a week to convince them to change it..and i know for sure it would take a lot for me to have my phone back if i convince them to repair it within warranty,and it could also be worse than it is right now..
    i tried opening it following the ifixit guide,which made it look real easy...but unscrewing the two screws on the bottom isn't enough,and i don't want to force it risking to break anything..
    so,does anyone understand this screen lining up problem?am i really too paranoid and i should give it time?should i open it?how?would i be losing the warranty?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

3. svndmvn thread starter Guest

it's not that big of a deal if it doesn't get any worse..but i could try and get it fixed by apple hoping they don't say i dropped it and don't give it back to me all scratched up..

4. daniels macrumors member

My 16 gig iPhone (week 32) that I got yesterday has the same problem, although I haven't noticed it changing when I push on it