Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sacred

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Can anyone tell me how to unpack a .cab file on my Mac? I've downloaded a Break Even chat template for Excel and desperately have to get it working today as the hand in date for my uni work is tomorrow morning!

Thanks,
Sacred

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Also, I never ended up buying this program, but it's quite impressive... File Juicer has a pretty wide range of abilities in terms of pulling stuff out of files. I used it a few times to unpack Windows Mobile installation files, when I had a WM handheld, so that I could transfer the actual program to the handheld from my Mac (since otherwise the files needed a Win PC to install, and at the time, I did not have one).

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I use The Unarchiver personally. I don't know how its feature set compares with File Juicer, and the link isn't opening for me, maybe because I'm using a VPN connection at the moment. The Unarchiver doesn't appear to be able to handle .cab files, though.

Sacred

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Well I've got no money so had to settle for leaving it out of the project, hopefully wont lose too many marks!

Well if I even get it handed in got another problem now.

Sacred

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
The website says its £30 or £50 for the Deluxe version? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.