Opening File in iMovie from iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrMinor, Jul 9, 2010.

1. MrMinor macrumors 6502

I have a new iPhone 4. I want to be able to open my iPhone movies in iMovie so I can edit them in there. I know that I need to import my video into iPhoto and then from there open it in iMovie, but that is where I am stuck. I can import into iPhoto, but how do I then open it in iMovie. I opened the file which opened in Quicktime and then I saved the file on my desktop and from there opened it in iMovie, but the resulting upload to Youtube was very poor quality even though it should have been 720p so I must have been doing something wrong. Any ideas?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Assuming iMovie9, on the right hand side of the iMovie window is abutton that should show any movies in iPhoto. However, whether you do it that way, or the way you did, it shouldn't make a difference to the quality.

3. MrMinor thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been away for a while. Thanks for your response. I had tried that originally, but for some reason it was not working. It must have been a glitch though because now it works perfectly. Thanks again!