Opening files within application

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Parsa, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Parsa macrumors member

Parsa

Since moving to El Capitan from Mavericks I've had an odd little problem when trying to open files from within my grading program (Making the Grade). In the past, when I would hit Command-O to open a new file, the last-opened folder would appear. This was generally my Grades folder. However, now that I started using El Capitan, I see the Grades folder momentarily, then the dialog box suddenly switches to the Documents folder. This is a bit annoying. Is there some way prevent the Documents folder from being the default for opening my files?

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Have you tried Finder Prefs > General > New finder window show > Drop down > set other.
    At least finder will open with the folder you want.

3. Parsa thread starter macrumors member

Parsa

Thanks Ashka,
    I had looked at that. I actually have my Grades folder in the sidebar. The main annoyance is when I am importing a homework assignment from one class into another. When I go to "import", it always reverts back to Documents, even though the last folder opened was Grades. It actually shows Grades for a split second, but then switches quickly to Documents. I've written to the developer, but I was checking here to see if anyone had seen a similar issue with opening files or importing.

Steve