Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
UK
I'm trying to open up images saved as .img files, but OSX says: the following disk images failed to open, no mountable file systems.

Is there any program that can open it? They have been created using a Remote Sensing program called IDRISI if this helps. Unfortunatly the program that created it is on my university campus and i am unable to go and save them in a different format.

Thanks,

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Oh, Mac OS X thinks that .img files are disk images, and, since the file you are trying to open isn't a disk image, Mac OS X gets confused and reports that error message.

There are several programs called IDRISI - is this the one you're using?

andy007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
UK
Oh, Mac OS X thinks that .img files are disk images, and, since the file you are trying to open isn't a disk image, Mac OS X gets confused and reports that error message.

There are several programs called IDRISI - is this the one you're using?

yes this is the program i used if this helps.

I have looked on the site but i cant seem to find anything that will open them. I'll keep looking though.

Is there not a program that anyone knows of that could open them?

remotehew

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
open .img images

There is a program produced by Purdue University called MultiSpecUniv. It has to make some changes to the files. I could not get the NASAVIEW to open the same images. MultiSpec is an ERDAS light for MAC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.