Opening lots and lots of tabs and switching back and forth between apps?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kat.hayes, Sep 15, 2014.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

I open lots of webpage tabs in Firefox and Chrome on my Android. I go through my Feedly articles and Facebook feeds and will open articles in new tabs to read later. From Facebook it launches into the web browser of my choice and I quickly switch back using the Android built in app switcher to go back to Facebook while the webpage loads in the new tab.

1. Can you choose to open webpages in new tabs from Facebook or Feedly in iOS the way I described, whether I want it to open in Firefox, Chrome or Safari?

2. Is there an easy way to quickly switch from the web browser back to Facebook or Feedly?

Thanks.

2. ps3zocker macrumors regular

1. When you open a URL from the Facebook app it instantly opens Safari and opens a new tab. You can then switch back to Facebook and repeat that process. The websites load in the background. You can't choose a browser of your choice in every app, though some apps allow you to select Chrome for example.

2. Just double-click the home button and switch back to Facebook.

3. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

So is the decision on whether you can open a link into any browser you choose up to the developer of the app OR is this an iOS restriction that everything has to open in Safari?

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

In iOS 8, developers can add their apps to the share sheet. From there apps could use that to open links in other browsers without actually programming each browser in.