Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
NY
We used to run WMC using BD ISO files through PowerDVD for our HTPC. Now, with all of your help, we've been converting to MP4 video through Apple TV and couldn't be happier. However, I ran into an interesting situation.

I have tried to convert 4 Blu-Ray movies. They were:

Lion King
Transformers 3
Iron Man

Transformers 3 and Avatar worked without issue. However, the Lion King and Iron Man- When I chose open video file, and brows to the folder containing the MKV of that movie, Handbrake (Windows) stops responding. Likewise, if I use Windows Explorer and browse to this folder...again Windows Explorer stops responding, and crashes.

The only thing I can possibly do is delete the movie's MKV via command line. all MKVs are created from the ISO using MakeMKV. Any idea on to what is going on?

Last edited:

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Any thoughts?

I would suggest posting in the Handbrake Forum/Windows with your issue. Be sure to include a Handbrake log from the app or you won't get very far. The developers will be at the forum and will require to see exactly what the program is doing as you try transcoding the file. There are instructions at the forum on where and how to obtain the log to post along with your issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.