Opening multiple apps with automator

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mashiach, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mashiach macrumors regular

Mashiach

Hello everyone this is my first post with MacRumors but I have been using this site/forum for all my Mac needs for over a year now.

I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully I have the right place.

I have been using OSX for about 3 years now but have never gotten to grips with automator.
    Basically what AI want to do is be able to open several apps at one time instead of clicking every single application individually.
    Now the things is I am using a Digidesign mBox and if any one is familiar with the core audio driver it requires that you open it first before opening any other software that has sound output. THis is mainly because the software tends not to latch onto the core audio driver if you open it before the Core Audio driver is opened.
    After all that long winded spiel what i would like to do is to set Automator to open Mail, Safari, iTunes, iCal, Mercury and Core Audio at the same time. But the Core Audio Driver needs to be opened first. Any help is much appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Chris.

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

There is a command called Launch Application with the option to choose which application you want to launch. So just queue up a bunch of those with all the applications you need launching. If you want you can add "Pause" in there as well to not clog it all up especially if you need one to launch before the others.

4. Mashiach thread starter macrumors regular

Mashiach

Cheers Guys, That does exactly what I needed it to.
    SPECTACULAR.