Opening Program Using Mono

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nautican, Aug 10, 2011.

1. nautican macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reading this. I was trying to run the iPhoneBackupExtractor program (www.iphonebackupextractor.com) to get at some files from my iphone backups (I bricked my iphone a few weeks ago and really need to get some of the files in there...).

The website mentioned that I had to install Mono in addition to the X11 libraries.. Since I'm using Snow Leopard, I assumed that the X11 library has already been installed and all I had to do was to install Mono, which I managed to install without a hitch.

The FAQ on the dev website stated "Once Mono is installed, users should open a Terminal window and navigate to the directory with the unzipped backup extractor (cd ~/Desktop), then run mono iPhoneBackupExtractor.exe. This will run the extractor using Mono." At this point, I should also mention that the unzipped backup extractor resides on a folder on the desktop.

Following the instructions, I used terminal and got this:

Input: XXXs-macbook-air:Desktop XXX$ open mono iPhoneBackupExtractor.exe
    Output: The file /Users/XXX/Desktop/mono does not exist.

Despite following the instructions, I wasn't able to open the file... I'm not a developer nor am I familiar with how terminal works.. Could any kind soul out there please enlighten me on what I've done wrong and whats the correct way to do it? Any help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a