Opening Site Notifications with WebKit Nightly

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Michael Goff, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

I was wondering if it was possible. I really like using the nightly versions, over time the speed difference increases for me. Every time I click on the notification, though, it opens Safari. This is done even if I have WebKit Nightly as the default and even have it open.

2. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

3. cbs20 macrumors member

I don't think this is possible since those notifications are from Safari and not Webkit and notifications are application specific. Using Webkit improves functionality, but restricts features for example not all extensions work and icloud tabs aren't usable.

4. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

But why is that the case? WebKit Nightly isn't really a secondary browser, it's almost just an updated version of Safari.

5. cbs20 macrumors member

Not really. Webkit nightly is a separate application, but its uses all the preference data and settings from your Safari. Look at the Webkit website to get a better understanding of how it works. You may be able to contact the ppl that release the nightly builds to see if they can integrate the notification system into the nightly build.

6. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Will do, thanks.