Opening URL Links from Mail 4.3 & Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chelseybun, Nov 4, 2010.

1. chelseybun macrumors newbie

chelseybun

For the past few days, when I try to click on a URL link from an email, Firefox will open up but not to the link. I have to right click and copy link and then paste it into the location bar. Very frustrating.

I have also noticed that when I double click on a .html file from Finder, I get a pop up window asking me if I want to open it up and I click "yes" (this is normal), however, once I do that, nothing happens, but if I double click it again, it will open up in Firefox. And each time I do that for each file, the file is not opening up in a new tab, but in a new session of Firefox (my preference for this is set to new tab instead of new window).

I have checked both Firefox and Mail preferences but can't find anything about links to assist/guide me. Any and all advice is welcomed because I am stumped. Thanks in advance! Have a great day. :)

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Which version of Firefox are you running? There is a long-standing bug in Firefox (since 3.5.x) that causes it to open 2 windows when you click a link - one with the link, the other with your start page. This bug was finally fixed in Firefox 3.6.10.

3. chelseybun thread starter macrumors newbie

chelseybun

Thank you, wrldwzrd89...I was on 3.6 but lower than 10...just updated Firefox to 3.6.12 and everything is working normal again. Thank you! Now if everything was that easy (ha ha). Cheers!