Opening weekend sales figures?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ApplePhy, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

Wall Street is predicting ~10 million iPhone 6's (and 6 Plus), otherwise will be considered a 'failure' (which is absolutely ridiculous)

But by all accounts, I think that figure is within reach.

Will this launch break the all time record for opening weekend of ANY iPhone?

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

They've already estimated 4 million in 1 day so it's safe to assume 3 million per day for 2 days is attainable. My money is on 12 million 3 day weekend release.

3. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This. Last year was 9 million and I was honestly thinking 12-14 million this year. Based on it being a new design and the hype surrounding the "bigger than bigger" screens.

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

9 million for 5s/5c was crazy... The hype for 6/6+ is way bigger and lines were way crazier. I strongly believe we will see massive sales number.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

The number would be higher if stores had more inventory. Bone dry on Sunday morning at Apple with oodles of people waiting to get one in my area, especially the Plus being so unavailable.

6. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

That's funny. Same state of affairs where I live. Considering how many phones they probably prepared for the launch, that's just insane. I'm sure 10 mil is within reach.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

No shipment on Sundays but I expect stores will get them tomorrow. Weekend numbers could have been even better. I would even bet when numbers are released that info may be included about availability.